Senior Financial Analyst (Healthcare)
Vancouver - Hybrid (3 days in the office/ 2 days work from home)
$90,000 - $105,000
STRIVE is a Vancouver based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration and Operations & Manufacturing. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do - which is a big reason as to why we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high-caliber professionals for niche, specialized and what are often regarded as "hard to fill" roles.
STRIVE Recruitment is supporting a market-leading healthcare client in the recruitment of a Senior Financial Analyst. With multiple operations and sites, they are looking for several Senior Financial Analysts across a couple of these sites.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for the development of annual business plans, budgets and providing financial leadership. The role will also require you to operate at a strategic level monitoring, assessing, interpreting, highlighting and reporting on the fiscal performance of programs and departments with respect to resource utilization, expenditure patterns, statistical and critical indicator data/information.
- Identify opportunities for increased operational and financial resource utilization.
- Utilize financial expertise to service delivery modeling, funding applications, operational reviews, and business process improvement reviews.
- Reviews interim and year-end financial statements, analyzing deviations from plan and investigating causes.
- Prepares written variance analysis and ensure financial statements are correct.
- In the event, there are material changes in funding and/ or expenditures, re-forecast the annual budget.
- Represents the Finance Division through participation on external committees.
- Identifies and/ or develops “best practices”, communicating the same to other members of the business planning team.
- Obtained a professional accounting designation (CPA) or successfully written CFE and all experience completed, awaiting final sign-off.
- A minimum of five (5) years of accounting and finance experience
- 2+ years of FP&A experience
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information and present information in concise meaningful ways
- Strong computer and financial application skills