STRIVE is a Vancouver-based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration and Operations & Manufacturing. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do - which is a big reason as to why we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high-calibre professionals for niche, specialized and what are often regarded as "hard to fill" roles.
Our client, a well-known industry leader in their space is looking for Machinists to join the maintenance team in their Vancouver location. This role reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and works amongst a large maintenance team. This a Monday-Friday rotational shifts position.
- Carry out mechanical preventive maintenance regimen for processing, packaging, and distribution equipment, ensuring meticulous execution and accurate maintenance documentation.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to facilitate part removal and subsequent repairs.
- Troubleshoot, test, inspect, and conduct repairs on a variety of industrial mechanical equipment.
- Reassemble equipment post-inspections, testing, and repairs, ensuring meticulous attention to detail.
- Diagnose malfunctions by meticulously observing and testing the operation of machinery or equipment.
- Validate the efficacy of repairs by meticulously checking newly repaired machinery or equipment.
- Perform cleaning, lubrication, or adjustments on parts, equipment, or machinery as required.
- Thoroughly document all repair and maintenance activities performed.
- Consult blueprints or manufacturers' manuals to ascertain proper machinery installation and operation procedures.
- Employ metal cutting and welding techniques for repairing fractured metal parts, crafting new components, or assembling fresh equipment.
- Red Seal Machinist Trade Qualification (BC/Interprovincial)
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant position ideally in the production or manufacturing space
- Solid manual machining, welding, and fabricating experience
- Adherence to lock out- tag out, confined space, fall protection, arc flash, and other applicable regulations and practices
- Excellent attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- $47.73 per hour
- Extended healthcare 100% employer-paid
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- OT paid double the time