Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Vancouver, BC (Hybrid)
$110,000 - $130,000 + municipal pension
STRIVE is a Vancouver-based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration and Operations & Manufacturing. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do - which is a big reason as to why we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high-calibre professionals for niche, specialized and what are often regarded as "hard to fill" roles.
STRIVE Recruitment is currently supporting a prominent healthcare client with the recruitment of a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis. Reporting to the Director of Business Planning, the Manager FP&A, will play a critical role in all aspects of financial planning, operational reporting, ad hoc financial/business analysis, funding analysis, project management, and financial modelling.
This role will require you to be a hands-on leader, providing relevant and value-added financial planning, analysis and reporting for a portfolio budget of $200 million or more within a complex multiple-cost center and a matrix environment. As Manager FP&A, you will lead corporate-initiated projects in Finance and represent the Business Planning Director on committees and other workgroups as needed.
This is a great opportunity to join a truly fantastic organization where your work has a massive impact on people's lives. The client is also able to offer a competitive salary, pension, work-life balance, 4 weeks of vacation, and banked time off along with excellent medical benefits.
- You will be responsible for managing a team of Senior Financial Analysts and supporting a diverse and complex portfolio of consolidated services.
- Look for opportunities for improvement in day-to-day operations, and add value to finance and business partners.
- Personal direct support of portfolios as needed.
- Driving period close activities with the team
- All preparation of period close journal entries are complete and sent to Accounting for processing.
- Meetings with business partners are completed with accurate variance analysis and forecast updates.
- Ensure overall consolidated services forecast and analysis make business sense. Help improve analysis and financial modelling capabilities on the team.
- Work with the Director on more strategic, ad hoc projects as needed.
- A professional accounting designation CPA (CMA, CGA, or CA) or a Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership, financial and project management experience within a large complex multi-site organization.
- Leadership experience with an emphasis on knowledge of FP&A, business planning, case costing and funding analysis, and business case development.
- Strong attention to detail, capacity to learn and accept additional responsibilities will make you successful in this role.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and previous experience with direct reports including hiring, training and completing performance reviews is required.
- Advanced Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint skills along with experience of ERP systems are required.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and writing skills are required, linking business issues, financial results and strategy.