$38.95 to $41 an hour
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our team continues to work with innovative organizations that center their focus on the fight for sustainability. Our client is a growing organization with 5 branches across Canada; a big player in the supply of natural gas from organic waste materials. Currently in the search of Electricians for the Surrey location.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electrician works together with Millwrights in the repair of conveyors, pumps, temperature measurers, valves, AC motors, and PLCs. Electricians also play a key role in repairing company-owned vehicles.
This position has the option to choose from the available straight daytime or straight afternoon shifts Monday to Friday (no rotational shifts available):
- Daytime: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM (afternoon premium pay available)
Please note flexibility in availability is required for potential overtime work or schedule changes of no more than 1-hour difference.
- Testing of company vehicles
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on equipment
- General maintenance and repairs
- Determine work procedures through analysis of equipment diagrams and drawings. Blueprint readings and diagnosis of equipment
- Working with ERP systems to submit maintenance reports and schedule shutdowns, as well as ordering supplies (trainable)
- Instrumentation, temperature, flow, mechanical, fuel transfer systems (FTS)
- 2+ years of relatable experience in an industrial setting as an Electrician
- Red Seal certification or equivalent international certification
- Ability to abide by health and safety measures
- Ability to communicate best practices and work well in teams
- Experience and proficiency working with fuel pump systems, valves, and truck repairs a large asset
- Problem-solving, accountability, and time management skills
- Interest in joining the Union accepting applicable fees
- Flexibility in availability for overtime
- A clean driver's abstract to ensure the operation/testing of company vehicles
- $41 an hour for Red Sealed Electricians
- $38.95 an hour for equivalent international certified Electricians, who have the experience and requirements to challenge the Red Seal exam
- Overtime pay
- A stable growing work environment with opportunities for growth
- Medical and dental coverage
- Union benefits
- Friendly and cooperative team mentality