Hydraulic Technician - Lead Hand
Hydraulic Technician – Lead Hand
STRIVE is a recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration Operations & Manufacturing. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do - which is a big reason why we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high-calibre professionals for niche, specialized, and what are often regarded as "hard to fill" roles.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Hydraulic Technician – Lead Hand for a leading distributor of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, and automation technologies, along with related maintenance supplies, as a value-added distributor and technical solutions provider located in Kamloops. They offer their employees competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefit program, and opportunities for career advancement. The Hydraulic Technician Lead Hand will play a key role in the daily operations of advancing our Fluid Power business at our Kamloops site. In the capacity of a Lead Hand, your duties will include supporting and training fellow employees in the fluid power trade, while also being prepared for field service as needed to meet customer demands.
- Inspection, repair, and testing of cylinders, motors, valves, pumps, and all related fluid power components
- Assist in the coordination of jobs, overtime scheduling, and being available for after hours work if operationally needed
- Leadership of the team, ensuring safety processes and standards are upheld along with open communication of work scope/instructions
- 3 or more years of experience in a shop setting as a hydraulic technician and leadership experience
- Fluid power product and systems knowledge
- Proven troubleshooting, disassembly, repair, and testing of hydraulic/pneumatic systems experience
- Team first and positive attitude with excellent communication skills
- Group extended health benefits including vision
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunities for career development/advancement