Commercial Property Accountant
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
OUR CLIENT is a locally owned Property Management & Development company, with over 50 years in the business and a portfolio consisting over of 200 properties.
They manage a range of properties including commercial, industrial, retail and residential properties (including commercial strata) in the Metro Vancouver area.
Currently, they are looking for a Senior Property Accountant who will add energy to our close-knit office team. Their accounting leadership team is supportive of both the personal and professional development in our staff. We are seeking an individual who has a passion for accounting, creative problem-solving skills, and embraces the values of teamwork. Candidates must have CAMS experience. Previous knowledge in Voyager 7S is preferred.
Duties In This Role Include
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and working papers for a portfolio of commercial, residential and strata properties
- Review and input lease documents including new lease set-up, renewals and terminations
- Prepare annual CAM and TAX reconciliations on the commercial portfolio
- Prepare annual budgets and recovery calculations, while working closely with the property management (PM) team and ensuring accuracy of data in the accounting software
- Prepare GST returns, Translink Tax returns, and Non-Resident Tax forms
- Process and verify annual tenant rental schedules for the portfolio of properties
- Process bank reconciliations
- Review property management narrative component of monthly reports ensuring accuracy of information
- Perform cashflow analysis and monthly owner distributions
- Reconcile accounts receivable and update PM team on discrepancy’s
- New property set-up, ensuring accuracy of input of both client and tenant information
- Entry of tenant and property charge-back invoices including lease commissions, project management fees and lease documentation fees
- Compile and assist with Year-end audit compilation and reviews
- Review of monthly rent rolls for accuracy and up-to-date tenant information
- Active participation in Accounting and Office Meetings
Attributes Of Successful Applicant
- Experience in property accounting and Yardi Voyager accounting software are assets
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Detail oriented with high level of accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Organized and effective to manage deadlines
- Ability to problem solve; resourceful in digging for answers and thinking logically
- Ability to work under pressure when required without compromising quality of work
- Contributes to the well-being of the team by effective communication on tasks and offering constructive suggestions for efficiently managing workflow
- Has a vehicle to commute to office location (due to limited transit options)