US Tax Analyst
$70,000 - $90,000 plus bonus, pension & benefits
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
We are working with one of BC’s largest organizations on the recruitment of a US Tax Analyst. Depending on experience, they are also open to hiring the role as a Senior Tax Analyst. With the client being a parent company with multiple entities across the US and Canada, the US Tax Analyst will be at the corporate level and primarily assist with US tax compliance, provision reporting, and various tax initiatives.
The client has experienced a sustained period of growth due to M&A activities which is the reason for this newly created position. There is also a real opportunity that you will grow into a Tax Manager in the future as they continue to grow.
Hybrid work model both now and post-pandemic (3 days in the office and 2 at home).
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and supporting working papers for Federal, Provincial, and State tax return filings
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision working papers
- Assist with the management of cross‐border intercompany transactions in accordance with agreements in place
- Reconcile income tax related accounts for the Company’s Operating Entities
- Prepare US quarterly estimated tax payment calculations and forms
- Prepare annual information return filings, election filings, miscellaneous regulatory forms and other tax compliance filings as required for the Company
- Coordinate collection of tax information from the Company’s Operating Entities
- Review information requests and notices received; correspond accordingly with tax authorities as needed
- Assist in journalizing accounting entries for the Company’s special transactions
- Assist with internal/external audits and audits from tax authorities
- Conduct tax research and prepare documentation supporting the Company’s tax positions
- File, maintain, and organize tax filings and correspondence
- Liaise with Accounting Team as well as Operating Entities’ finance and accounting staff, and provide ad hoc tax research as needed
- Handle incoming mail/email and distribute to appropriate Operating Entities
- Assist with the implementation of tax technology transformation initiatives
- Perform other tax related duties and special projects as assigned
Key Qualifications and Technical Skills
- CPA designation or working towards CPA designation
- 2+ years relevant work experience in US tax, preferably with training in preparation of public company corporate tax returns, tax provisions and tax research.
- Knowledge of IFRS, tax accounting, and tax compliance processes
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, with a keen eye to detail
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Team oriented, time management skills and have the ability to multi‐task and consistently meet deadlines