(Senior) Tax Manager
TAX MANAGER/ SENIOR TAX MANAGER
$NEGOTIABLE + generous benefits + company perks
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE is working with a well-known, established well-known locally based full-service accounting firm. They have an enviable and diverse range of clients including organizations of all sizes which they service from offices across the province. Despite being a Canadian company, they are associated with a global group allowing them to service clients globally.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented Canadian Tax Manager or Senior Manager, with outstanding tax planning and compliance experience to join our client’s growing tax practice based in Downtown Vancouver.
Their tax practice offers the opportunity for a candidate to work in a wide range of tax projects, including corporate reorganizations, succession and estate planning, estate and trusts, business acquisitions and dispositions, inbound, outbound and cross border tax planning and complex tax compliance.
As a key member of the Tax Group, the Canadian Tax Manager/Senior Manager will help drive the success and reputation of the firm by delivering exceptional client service, managing tax engagements and implementing tax plans.
As a Canadian Tax Manager your responsibilities include the following:
• Assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for clients;
• Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies and compliance issues;
• Research and analyze a wide variety of tax issues;
• Prepare, review and advise on complex corporate, personal and trust tax returns;
• Review the work of junior staff members, train, develop and mentor members of the tax group;
• Assist with client management and foster excellent relationships with clients and initiate business development opportunities.
Our client welcomes applications from Tax Professionals looking to grow their career long-term in taxation. Specific requirements are listed below:
• Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program;
• Qualified CPA with a minimum of 3 years of Canadian tax experience in a reputable CPA accounting firm;
• Strong technical and research skills with the ability to adapt tax strategies to unique circumstances;
• Demonstrated tax planning experience in owner managed businesses, including corporate reorganizations, business/asset dispositions, estate planning, compensation strategies and acquisitions with the capability to undertake tax compliance for larger corporate groups;
• Excellent English communication skills with the ability to write tax planning letters and memos;
• Superior organizational and analytical skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service;
• Continually focus on leadership skills.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity for career advancement in a rewarding and flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
A standard 35-hour workweek;
4-day work week during the summer months;
Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime;
Continued professional development.