Senior IT Technician
SENIOR IT TECHNICIAN
$85,000 - $95,000
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our recruitment team is currently working with one of the leading metal and steel distributors in Canada. With multiple locations across North America, our client offers various opportunities for growth and relocation for internal employees. The Delta branch is currently seeking a Senior IT Technician for an on-site vacancy. Please note that on irregular occasions, there could be a need for support in 2 other locations in Surrey.
The main duties of the Senior IT Technician include responding and finding prompt solutions to technical system malfunctions and the overall maintenance and installation of IT systems.
This position offers a base annual salary of $85,000 to $95,000 depending on years of experience and shift times fully on-site from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. This location offers on-site parking, and the opportunity to work with a stable and reputable organization.
- Accommodating staff's technical support via email, or in-person
- Maintaining servers, and scanning guns
- Documentation of technical processes
- Updating and stabilizing networking, computing, and storage systems
- Train new employees on IT systems
- Staying up-to-date on new technology and best maintenance practices
- 5+ years of Canadian experience in the field in a similar role as a System Administrator and technical support using the ticketing system
- Experience with maintaining the server updated and secure
- Ability to travel to Surrey if needed on rare occasions
- Ability to multi-task several IT tickets at once
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and a curious updated knowledge of IT systems
- HP networking systems experience is a requirement
- End-user support and process experience
- Strong analytical, communication, and friendly personality
- Industrial wireless access points
- Backup, recovery, and updates of VMs and related technologies (ex. VEEAM)
- 100% Company-paid benefits package, including Extended Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision
- Taxable Spending Account, $300 to use towards anything related to your health & wellness
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- 2 week vacation available for use in the first year; 3 weeks on your second anniversary
- Up to 6 personal days
- 4% RRSP matching program after 3 months
- On-site parking
- A strong team environment where opinions are heard and encouraged