Senior Financial Analyst
North Vancouver (Hybrid)
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE is working with a fantastic public sector organization that specializes in providing critical services such as education, social services, and healthcare to the local community, through developing strong economic projects. They are currently looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the FP&A Manager and acting as a key business partner to operational managers. This is a newly created role due to growth!
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will be working closely with the senior Finance leadership to provide budgeting, forecasting, and analytical support for their real estate development projects and existing properties, providing valuable financial insight to help shape key business decisions!
The client is looking for a Senior Finance Analyst with a real estate background as you will be responsible for conducting financial analysis, due diligence, and market research for real estate investments. The client operates a HYBRID working model of 3 days in the office and 2 remote work days.
- Partner with operational colleagues to model key decisions; challenge assumptions and identify how we can do things differently or better.
- Prepare financial models and projections to help identify potential risks and opportunities and offer insight into key drivers.
- Analyze financial data and prepare reports to support the decision-making process of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Work closely with the FP&A Manager, to provide monthly insight to the Chief Financial Officer and senior leadership.
- Assist with the annual budget process - working with operational managers to develop departmental budgets
- Develop financial proformas, cash flow models, and investment return analyses for potential acquisitions and dispositions.
- Develop and maintain financial models and databases to track investment performance.
- Analyze property-level financial statements, including income statements and balance sheets.
- Support due diligence on potential real estate investments and support the preparation of investment proposals.
- Conduct market research and analysis to assess market conditions and trends.
- Working collaboratively with the wider finance team to support other finance processes
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis of Real Estate Investments, preferably in a corporate environment
- Strong analytical skills with experience in financial modeling and data analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present financial information to stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient in MS Office including Advanced Excel skills and the ability to create complex financial models.
- A CPA or CFA certification is preferred but not required