$80,000 - $100,000 plus package
STRIVE is a Vancouver based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration and Operations & Manufacturing. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do - which is a big reason as to why we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high calibre professionals for niche, specialized and what are often regarded as "hard to fill" roles.
STRIVE have partnered with one of BC’s most established Law Firms with over 100 years of experience, providing the highest standard of service to clients. This has allowed them to develop a real strength in expertise across a variety of areas.
The client has a strong team environment, promoting diversion and inclusivity. They also hold monthly socials and have created a professional yet fun working environment.
The client is looking to hire a Senior Accountant who would be responsible for full-cycle accounting including the preparation of financial statements. The Senior Accountant also take on analytical job duties such as assisting with cashflow forecasting, budget preparation and developing performance-related KPI’s to track business performance.
This is a fantastic Senior Accountant opportunity for someone looking to broaden their skill set and join a company which likes to invest in their employees. The role will also provide the opportunity of growth for the right person.
- Full-cycle accounting and banking, including the preparation of financial statements
- Maintain and implement relevant internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Assist with cash flow monitoring and provide regular forecasts
- Assist with tax compliance and assist external accountants in financial audits
- Support budget preparation (operating and capital), forecasting, and monitoring activities
- Develop and improve KPI reporting, management reports and dashboards for accurate and timely analysis for decision-making and operational improvements
- Assist with various compliance requirements
- Participate in orientation and training for new lawyers and staff as it relates to accounting policies and procedures
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a CPA designation or working towards the CPA
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience in professional services is an asset
- Strong technology and systems experience (MS Office & legal software)
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting and tax
- Desire to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills