STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
At STRIVE, we are partnered with a renowned client with over 100 years of experience and a worldwide leader in their industry. We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Refrigeration Operator to join their growing maintenance department and will be reporting to the Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager in their Delta facility.
The Refrigeration Operator will play a key role in ensuring the facility is able to run at optimal production levels, with minimal downtime
This is a full-time, permanent position. For training, you will be working Monday-Friday in the morning (7 am – 3.30 pm) / afternoon (4 pm – 12.30 am). After training, you will be working 4x12 hour shifts rotating 6 am - 6:15 pm or 6 pm - 6:15 am (4 days on / 4 days off). There are 15 people within the maintenance team.
- Monitor and respond to plant alarms.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks on plant refrigeration equipment (Engine Room).
- Update maintenance logs and records.
- Work with others to plan and coordinate the completion of work.
- Perform general maintenance tasks throughout the facility as needed.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Refrigeration Operators Certification with BC Safety Authority.
- 1-2 years of experience with ammonia refrigeration systems is an asset.
- Well-developed maintenance skill set.
- Strong safety record
- Experience in the food processing industry is considered an asset.
- Own vehicle required.
- Must be available to work 7 days per week including weekends and holidays on a rotating shift basis.
- Competitive wage
- Benefits Dental care, Extended health care, Life insurance, and Vision care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off (2 weeks)
- Company apprenticeship programs are available for successful candidates to achieve 4th class tickets
- The opportunity to expand your skillset and receive mentoring by highly experienced skill trades