$55,000 - $60,000
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our recruitment team is currently working with one of the leading metal and steel distributors in Canada. Recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Employers, our client continues to face constant growth, with multiple locations across North America. The Delta branch is currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant, offering $55,000 to $60,000 (plus a discretionary annual bonus) with the opportunity for negotiation for the right candidate. Please note previous steel industry experience is preferred.
The main duties of the Purchasing Assistant include assisting in the purchasing of new raw materials, acquiring quotes from suppliers, and generating purchase orders following purchasing authority. This position covers shift times fully on-site from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday.
- Reviewing, sourcing, and comparing price quotations, and placing purchase orders
- Purchase additional supplies and avoid inventory shortage of materials
- Maintaining and nurturing new relationships with suppliers through close professional communication
- Calculate the cost of orders and process invoices to appropriate accounts
- Scheduling of deliveries and tracking delivery delays. Having strong planning skills to anticipate potential delays.
- Maintenance and record keeping of price lists and purchasing reports
- 1+ years of experience in a Purchasing role; previous steel experience would be a strong asset
- Good market understanding
- Mathematically inclined and able to calculate the cost of orders
- Strong negotiation and sales acumen
- Ability to learn new computing systems, and previous experience with ERP systems a strong asset
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Thorough in keeping data entries updated with strong organizational skills
- Extraordinary written and verbal English skills
- Attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Adaptable and coachable
- 100% Company-paid benefits package, including Extended Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision
- Taxable Spending Account, $300 to use towards anything related to your health & wellness
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Discretionary bonus at the end of every year
- 2 week vacation available for use in the first year; 3 weeks on your second anniversary
- Up to 6 personal days
- 4% RRSP matching program after 3 months
- On-site parking
- A strong team environment