STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
At STRIVE, we are partnered with a renowned client and a worldwide leader in their industry. We are currently seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to join the operations/production team in their Delta facility.
The Production Supervisor will be overseeing a small team and coordinating and managing the ever-changing daily operations at the plant.
This will be a Monday-Friday position with a starting time of 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM. This person may be required for flexibility for extra work hours/weekend shifts during peak production periods.
- Assist in planning the daily production activities; establish priorities and determine the sequence of fish to be processed.
- Ensure optimal production, minimal downtime, and the best utilization of equipment and available labor.
- Collect, maintain, analyze production data, and prepare reports as needed.
- Assist with the logistics of all incoming and outgoing products and raw materials.
- Work closely with shift supervisors and lead hands to ensure safe and efficient daily operations.
- Ensure the Company’s quality, production, and safety standards are met at all times.
- 4+ years of experience as Production Supervisor/Lead Hand in a food processing/manufacturing environment.
- Experience with value-added processing will be given priority.
- Proven supervisory/leadership skills and experience with crew setup and organizing daily activities will be given priority.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and interact with a diverse team.
- Ability to cultivate strong and effective working relationships.
- Good budgeting, planning, and resource allocation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for work overtime and weekend hours if needed.
- Own vehicle required.
- Competitive salary
- Vacation (3 weeks)
- Extended Health & Dental (including: Vision Care, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment)
- Short Term Disability – 100% salary continuance
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Group RRSP (after 12 months of employment)
- Mental Health / Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- On-site parking
- Employee pricing for company products