Production Manager & Planner
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our client is a leading manufacturer based in Surrey and they are looking for a Production Manager & Planner to join their team. This is a Monday-Friday 8-hour shift. The Production Manager & Planner oversee the production department and provides directions, issues work orders and schedules.
- Monitors production schedule, adjusts and assigns resource capabilities as required in coordination.
- Controls job orders physically and electronically to align with the production schedule, and adjusts and manipulates workflow accordingly to meet customer orders.
- Monitors processes and procedures to ensure schedule is being followed and delivery dates are meeting company requirements.
- Reports daily to ensure that any significant information regarding job order status is communicated with the team.
- Reviews timesheets daily for accuracy and follows up on discrepancies.
- Approves final payroll for contractors and staff if discrepancies require action.
- Troubleshoots production issues, look for efficiencies, and corrects as required.
- Performs inspections to ensure crew performance is up to standard and acts if needed.
- Monitors QC procedures in coordination to ensure the quality and quantity of the job orders. Double-check paperwork and electronic entries.
- Monitors and checks that company procedures for completing operations are meeting requirements. This includes quantity, QC, labeling, etc.
- Ensures parts for outside finishing are properly prepared, labelled and paperwork is completed in coordination with the Warehouse Manager.
- Supervises Lead hands to ensure production requirements are met, work centers are cleaned after each shift, maintaining shop organization and overall cleanliness.
- Publishes and maintains a Production Schedule that outlines work in the Manufacturing depts based on available capacity.
- Ensures all scheduling inputs are valid and complete in order to maintain the reliability of the scheduling tool algorithm.
- Review late jobs to determine actual due date requirements and update dates if required.
- Corrects and updates ERP System elements as directed.
- Ensure Safety practices are always followed.
- Carries out other tasks and projects as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 years of experience within a Production Supervisor/Manager role leading a team.
- Excellent leadership and mentorship experience.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Able to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to create high-quality products that meet specifications on time.