4th Class Power Engineer
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
At STRIVE, we are partnered with a renowned client with over 100 years of experience and a worldwide leader in their industry. We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic 4th Class Power Engineer to join their growing maintenance department and will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager in their Delta facility.
The Power Engineer plays a key role in ensuring the production facility is able to run at optimal production levels, with minimal downtime.
This is a full-time, permanent position. For training you will be working Monday-Friday Morning and afternoon shifts. After training, it will be 4x12 hr shifts (morning and graveyard). There are 15 people within the maintenance team.
- Operate and maintain the ammonia refrigeration system (compressors, tunnel & blast freezers, cold storage, chillers) within code requirements.
- Operate and maintain high-pressure steam boiler.
- Monitor and respond to plant alarms.
- Perform routine & preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Update maintenance logs and records.
- Complete work orders as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and/or Senior Management/ Chief Engineer.
- Work with others to plan and coordinate the completion of work.
- Use power and hand tools and equipment in an efficient manner.
- Perform building maintenance tasks throughout the facility as needed.
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certification
- 1+ years of experience working with ammonia refrigeration systems
- 1+ years of experience working in a manufacturing facility carrying out maintenance
- Experience in a food processing industry is considered an asset
- Must be available for overtime and weekend hours as required
- Must be flexible to work a rotating shift schedule
- Own vehicle required
- Competitive wage
- Benefits Dental care, Extended health care, Life insurance, and Vision care
- RRSP (4%)
- On-site parking
- Paid time off (2 weeks)
- The opportunity to expand your skillset and receive mentoring by highly experienced skill trades