STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a PLANT MANAGER for a multinational automotive provider located in Hamilton. The plant manager is responsible for the management and performance of the manufacturing facilities in Hamilton. The incumbent will provide leadership and direction to the Supervisors in the various departments as well as collaborate with the senior management team to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to meet the company’s growth and profitability objective.
- Great salary of $120k-$140k plus bonus
- Straight day shift
- Employer-paid group extended health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Company Matching RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Large International Company with a great culture
- Career Advancement
- Leads manufacturing teams to develop annual operating plans and key performance indicators that support growth and profit improvement initiatives, conforming to established customer and company quality standards.
- Directs the company’s Hamilton manufacturing activities to ensure maximum effectiveness is obtained for the production of quality products within specified time and budgetary guidelines.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes for continuous improvement, increasing productivity, reducing cost of scrap, housekeeping, cost reductions and worker engagement.
- Ensures products meet or exceed customer quality standards and committed to delivery dates.
- Interacts with the sales and marketing team in reviewing sales forecasts and strategies to ensure integration with production.
- Develops short and long term strategies to improve performance, manage manufacturing operations and optimize capacity and efficiency.
- Strong leadership, organizational skills, and attention to detail, along with practical knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing large manufacturing facility in Hamilton area, preferably in a finished machining and custom job shop environment
- Proven performance as a high-energy team player with the ability to lead teams
- Steel industry experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage human resources effectively
- Ability to use team-building principles to constantly improve output and profitability