Personal Assistant/Office Manager
Personal Assistant/Office Manager
50-60K + stock options
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE has partnered with an esteemed client in the venture capital industry. This is a great opportunity to work with a renowned company, a TOP EMPLOYER, and expand your current experience. We are looking for a Personal Assistant/Office Manager who is adaptable and focused for their Vancouver location.
The role is divided into 50% Office Manager duties and 50% Personal Assistant responsibilities. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the office, including scheduling appointments, maintaining office supplies, and managing the office budget.
· Ensuring a clean office daily with tasks such as loading and unloading the dishwasher, keeping the reception area tidy to a high level, and distributing deliveries/mail right away to avoid mess.
· Serve as the first point of contact for clients, investors, and other stakeholders, responding to phone calls, emails, and other inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, both internally and externally, ensuring all participants are aware of the agenda and any relevant information in advance.
· Assist with travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and transportation for staff members and visitors.
· Manage the onboarding process for new employees, including preparing orientation materials and coordinating with IT and hiring manager.
· Assist with special projects and events, including organizing company parties, team building activities, and other events as needed.
· Provide administrative support to the firm's partners and executives, including managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, and arranging travel.
· Assist with financial and accounting tasks, including processing expense reports, tracking invoices, and managing accounts payable and receivable.
· Maintain confidential information and exercise discretion and sound judgment when handling sensitive information.
· Manage the IT as well as communications with the building management.
· Complete ad-hoc tasks that come up from staff members - booking restaurants, typing out documents, 911 staples runs.
INSURANCE: Researching the best insurance rates and coverage (from 3 brokers) for all owned items: properties, cars, art, jewelry, yacht, plane.
PLANE: Contacting all the Hangar spaces/FBO’s in Toronto and finding the best rate for hangar space, ramping, fuel & all.
Miami & California House: Assist with finding new appliances/items that need to be repaired or added to house. Any issues that may go on at the house. (Hot water/ electrical) Help manage the billing and payments for the house.
Vancouver apartment: Retrieve mail, schedule, and go into unit for any repairs. Assist with car there.
Manage the tenants – (1st point of contact as landlord) for family property – (collect and contact tenants for rent, utilities and they contact me for any issues going on at the house)
Staff from the plane will update on any costs.
· Help to manage CEO’s social media.
· Book and schedule all of CEO’s travel, as well assist with his family members and staff travel.
· Assist with invoices being approved before getting paid.
· Assist with tracking credit cards – billing, finding out where costs are coming from for all statements.
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a related field preferred.
· At least 3 years of experience in office management, executive assistance, or a related field.
· Required to work outside of business hours as needed and available online at all times.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other office management software.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Prior experience in the venture capital or finance industry is a plus.