Order Picker- starting pay $23.49/hr
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs
As an order selector, you will be working in a food distribution facility, doing order picking. This is a great temp-to-perm opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a state-of-the-art clean facility for a reputable and leading company in food distribution services. You will be working in a team environment on the afternoon shift. This is a growing company that is very busy right now. This position is located in Ottawa for a large size distribution facility.
- Great starting pay of $23.49/hour. Plus shift premium of $.50/hr
- Afternoon shift from 4:30 pm - midnight
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
- Great benefits- gym and new cafeteria on-site
- Very clean and organized distribution facility
- Great central location in Ottawa
- Driving triple pallet jack for order picking
- Maintains an acceptable level of production and accuracy while selecting orders.
- Loads pallets to ensure safe delivery of product to customers.
- Adheres to all Preferred Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carries out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors
- Must have a clear criminal record
- Must be 18 years
- Must commit to 4 shifts per week. 10-12 hours shifts
- Work safely and follow all company policies, procedures, and work practices
- Have a great team attitude and willingness to help
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager or Supervisor
- Previous 1 year experience using a walkie or forklift