$95,000 - $110,000
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our recruitment team is currently working with a distributor of medical supplies located within the Tri-City metropolitan area of Vancouver, seeking an Operations Manager, offering shift times from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday. The successful candidate must have flexibility for potential overtime work including weekend availability on rare occasions, if urgent matters require attention.
The main duties of the Operations Manager include the management by example of a medium-sized team of production associates, and the implementation of a solid health and safety program, as well as a KPI program, that supports the development of employees and the overall continuous improvement of the facility.
The Operations Manager will act as the support system for the plant, assisting different departments, including the financial team to forecast budgets and assist with financial reports; minimal administrative work (20% of the time).
The right candidate is a people person who is able to motivate the team and provide strong mentorship. An entrepreneur at heart who comes in with experience working in smaller firms and startups. Preference is given to candidates who have a background in the health or medical supply industry.
- Elaborate a long-term plan for all departments to ensure operational effectiveness and cohesiveness
- Maintenance of premises and audit of facilities
- Development of new programs for continuous improvement to increase efficiencies at the plant, including OH&S systems
- Ensuring safety protocols are understood and followed by setting clear training guidelines. Ensuring new employees have equal development opportunities
- Analysis of production issues to find cost-effective solutions
- Create new SOPs, and ensure training is conducted and tracked for all shifts
- Carrying out routine inspections in compliance with ISO
- Develop a KPI system to measure, monitor, and optimize production volumes and increase quality
- 5+ years of experience as an Operations Manager
- A bachelor’s degree or a related field would be considered a strong asset
- Holding a forklift certification, and being part of the health committee are both strong assets
- Superior management and leadership skills
- Experience in PPE and medical device products or manufacturing industries is an asset
- Previous experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience in ISO-certified manufacturing industries is a great asset
- Experience in OH&S is a strong asset
- Ability to proactively drive results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly proficient with Excel and other MS Office suites.
- Experience with Google Workspace, Google Sheets, and Quickbooks is a strong asset
- Must have “People First” mentality as a leader
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong accountability and can-do attitude
- $95,000 to $110,000 depending on experience
- Regular bonuses available
- Benefits 100% paid by employer including dental and extended medical coverage
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 5 sick days/personal days
- Quick room for growth in a young but thriving organization
- Team socials
- A growing organization with plans for expansion