STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our client is an industry leading wall and ceiling contractor located in Burnaby, BC. They primarily work with steel studs, drywall, suspended ceilings, T-bar, and demountable portions. They are looking for an Operations Coordinator for their Burnaby BC office. This is a full-time permanent position with a dynamic and growing company.
· Full cycle accounts payable – monitoring invoicing email inbox, coordinating with vendors for payment, entering invoices and credit into Spectrum accounting program. Processing payments electronically and generating cheques for vendors as needed.
· Safety administration – adding new employees to Sitemax as hired, tracking safety paperwork to ensure that all required documentation is being completed on time. Generating metrics to track project and type of safety document. Tracking safety certification by working and adding safety certifications to employees as they expire. Attend and generate agenda and meeting minutes monthly. This includes project specific safety and orientation requirements. Also includes COR audit.
· Bidding inbox – tracking individual quotes by customer in a spreadsheet and specific inbox. Email inbox receives a good number of emails from customers and suppliers.
· Accountings – prepare for year end audit, monthly VISA and bank reconciliations, internal stock and truck cost allocations, tracking of key internal metrics
· Worker identification – generate individual worker identification card complete with picture and safety certifications
· Benefits – tracking new workers, offering benefits to workers, changing program as required, coordinating with payroll to ensure deductions are accurate and complete
· Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects as required
· Maintain a professional working relationship with employees, clients and peers
· Other duties as assigned
· 1-2 years office experience or customer service orientated role
· Knowledge and experience working in office setting
· Ability to multi-task in a growing office setting
· Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
· Able to interact with contract crews and employees in a positive constructive way