Office Manager/Personal Assistant
Office Manager/Personal Assistant
50-60K + stock options
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE has partnered with an esteemed client in the venture capital industry. This is a great opportunity to work with a renowned company, a TOP EMPLOYER, and expand your current experience. We are looking for an Office Manager/Personal Assistant who is adaptable and focused for their Vancouver location.
The role is divided into 70% Office Manager duties and 30% Personal Assistant responsibilities. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the office, including scheduling appointments, maintaining office supplies, and managing the office budget.
· Ensuring a clean office daily with tasks such as loading and unloading the dishwasher, keeping the reception area tidy to a high level, and distributing deliveries/mail right away to avoid mess.
· Serve as the first point of contact for clients, investors, and other stakeholders, responding to phone calls, emails, and other inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, both internally and externally, ensuring all participants are aware of the agenda and any relevant information in advance.
· Assist with travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and transportation for staff members and visitors.
· Manage the onboarding process for new employees, including preparing orientation materials and coordinating with IT and hiring manager.
· Assist with special projects and events, including organizing company parties, team building activities, and other events as needed.
· Provide administrative support to the firm's partners and executives, including managing their calendars, scheduling meetings, and arranging travel.
· Assist with financial and accounting tasks, including processing expense reports, tracking invoices, and managing accounts payable and receivable.
· Maintain confidential information and exercise discretion and sound judgment when handling sensitive information.
· Assist executives with personal tasks, such as ordering lunch, running errands, and planning dinners.
· Assist CEO’s family with any ad-hoc tasks, such as booking travel.
· Conducting research and gathering information on various projects as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a related field preferred.
· At least 3 years of experience in office management, executive assistance, or a related field.
· Required to work outside of business hours as needed and available online at all times.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other office management software.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Prior experience in the venture capital or finance industry is a plus.