$80,000 - $95,000 plus bonus and benefits
STRIVE is a Vancouver-based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration and Operations & Manufacturing. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do - which is a big reason as to why we have been successful. Our proactive recruitment approach allows us to uncover high-calibre professionals for niche, specialized and what are often regarded as "hard to fill" roles.
STRIVE are partnered with a prominent, fast growing, and non-traditional private mortgage lender located in downtown Vancouver. They intake funds from investors and then lend those funds out as mortgages secured against real property. Their business supports borrowers with custom real estate financing and contributes to our investors’ financial success. They currently have a mortgage portfolio size of over $200 million, and are experiencing very rapid growth which has led to this newly created Underwriter position.
The Underwriter will be working alongside their professional executive team that has over 75 years combined industry experience, with expertise in property development, public accounting, and mortgage financing.
- Review received mortgage applications along with supporting documentation and correspond with brokers to ensure all necessary information has been provided to prepare file for underwriting.
- Negotiate terms with mortgage brokers, using assigned lending guidelines and pricing parameters.
- Underwrite and prepare files for submission to Lending Committee.
- Manage pipeline to ensure approved deals close as scheduled, while ensuring all outstanding funding conditions are satisfied within established timelines.
- Corresponded with mortgage brokers and other stakeholders in a timely and professional manner, while always maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Provide underwriting expertise to mortgage brokers, clients and co-workers and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of company policies, procedures, and products.
- Coordinate full cycle of mortgage funding, including liaising with lawyers, notaries, mortgage/insurance brokers, borrowers, and appraisers.
- Additional reporting and tasks as assigned by management.
Skills & Requirements:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years mortgage underwriting experience in the private lending or ‘B’ lending space.
- Proficient with property valuation methods, including direct comparison and income approaches.
- Some exposure to property valuation by land residual and pro forma approach as well as construction financing is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of AML practices.
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a constantly changing, high intensity environment with ability to always focus and maintain composure while managing up to a dozen active files at a time.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Display pride in providing superb customer service and finding creative solutions to issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office (mainly MS Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of fraud risk in the mortgage industry and the ability to address concerns relating to suspected misrepresentation.