STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a MAINTENANCE MILLWRIGHT for a large international steel company located in HAMILTON. This role is on straight day shift schedule of 7am-3:30pm. They are a growing company and offer their employees excellent benefits along with a good work-life balance.
- Great permanent role with starting pay of $40/hr
- Employer-paid group extended health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Straight day shift 7-3:30pm
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Large International Company with a great culture
- Career Advancement
- Boot, tool allowance and many more!
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections on machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve to maintain power transmission, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Perform welding, grinding, machining, and fabrication as required.
- Determine necessary changes, adjustments, and modifications to obtain desired results from machinery, using OEM specifications, blueprints, sketches, and manuals.
- Work closely with the maintenance team and support other maintenance-related tasks and individuals within the plant as required.
- Create and complete work orders for work performed and sign out parts being used to maintain accurate inventory levels
- Achieve objectives in a safe manner, while following all safety-related policies, procedures, and work instructions including LOTO, Working at Heights, Power Tools
- 433A Millwright License
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, materials, tooling, presses, pneumatics, hydraulics, controls etc
- Experience working in steel industry