Manager, Advisory Services
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE is currently partnered with a fantastic, Vancouver-based advisory firm as they look to hire a Manager, Advisory Services.
As the Manager, Advisory Services, you will operate as a true business partner to their clients, providing a broad range of services including, risk management, internal control certification and ESG reporting validation. The Manager, Advisory Services will also work closely with clients, designing and evaluating their programs and processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience working at a progressive and vibrant advisory services firm.
- Responsible for working with clients on key areas of advisory services such as internal controls, internal audit and risk management;
- Indirectly manage team members, reviewing their work and ensuring it meets the needs of the client;
- Work to build long lasting client and staff relationships built on a foundation of trust and mutual respect;
- Collaborate with the leadership team on a regular basis and provide input into policy and strategy development;
- Work with the team to develop innovative and practical solutions for our clients and internal operations;
- Serve as a career mentor to more junior members of the team as needed
- Be provided 10% of available time to work on self-selected projects, education, research, etc.
- CPA or CIA designations are required. A CISA designation would be an asset
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Internal Controls, SOX, financial reporting, process improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to multitask and follow up on actions/ issues
- Independent thinker, interested in taking initiative
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning