Industrial Mechanic Millwright
INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC MILLWRIGHT
$30 to $44 an hour
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our recruitment team is currently working with one of the industry leaders in Canada with over 19 branches across the country.
The main duties of the Millwright include performing repairs and general maintenance to the mechanical equipment in the plant.
This position offers daytime shifts with a start time of 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Friday, with the occasional overtime flexibility to up to 10-12 hours of work.
- Assembly and overall installation of machinery parts
- Understanding of working with bulk material machinery
- Performing regular tests on assembled equipment
- Shutdown operation
- Bearing, sealing, and rigging
- Abiding by health and safety procedures
- Fabrication of parts using welding techniques
- General maintenance and repairs
- Determine work procedures through analysis of equipment diagrams, blueprints, and drawings
- 5+ years of relatable experience in an industrial setting as a Millwright
- Red Seal 433A Millwright certification
- Ability to communicate clearly expectations and best practices
- Experience working with conveyors
- Problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure under minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to different locations
- $30 to $44 an hour + overtime premiums
- Up to 5% RSP contribution matching
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Opportunity to work at a stable reputable organization and national leader in its industry
- Growth and working in a collaborative environment