Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE has partnered with an esteemed client in the Structural Engineering industry. They have been recognized with numerous
international engineering and construction awards for their portfolio of amazing timber projects and are considered world leaders in their field. This is a great opportunity to work with a renowned company, a TOP EMPLOYER, and expand your current experience. We are looking for an HR Manager who is adaptable and focused for their Abbotsford location.
You bring with you a strong desire to add value to the workplace by driving HR best practices and
working with us to create an exceptional organizational culture in an environment that is both professional and manufacturing based.
· Represent and help build organizational culture in a family-led company
· Help to hire and keep employees who are top notch and culturally aligned
· Work with internal managers to implement and coordinate HR best practices, striving always for a great candidate and employee experience
· Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the organization's mission, values, and guiding principles. Identify and provide solutions to issues and best practices.
· Participate in the annual performance evaluation and review process. Support management with organizing appropriate training and development programs for staff to improve skills and knowledge.
· Lead and motivate HR staff to provide HR support. Delegate assignments and provide supervision
· Provide full cycle recruitment including developing procedures and standards for tracking new candidates and the preparation of HR forms and letters related to the effective processing of new employees
· Onboarding of new employees, ensuring a seamless transition for their first 30 days
· Provide appropriate guidance and expertise on employment and policy related matters
· Lead through employee relations matters such as conducting workplace investigations, facilitating interviews/meetings, drafting letters involving discipline, performance improvement plans and other corrective actions that require follow-up
· Maintain the group benefits and RRSP programs. Manage enrolments, analyze plans, and make recommendations for changes.
· Post-secondary degree in Human Resources orrelated field or an equivalent level of education and experience is required. CHRP designation preferred.
· 10+ years of progressive experience in all human resources functions. A true "generalist" type of experience is required.
· 2+ years of supervision experience managing Human Resources professionals.
· Proficient with MSOffice and previous hands-on experience in the implementation and/or administration of an HRIS program is required.
· Previous experience in making recommendations and working to implement programs and policies based on best practices.
· A proven track record of and willingness to understand the business and operations and how human resources can support it.
· Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering, collaborating, and building trust with the employee and leadership teams.
· Ability to work collaboratively across the entire organization and all human resource functions to support the business. Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationship.
· Experienced in effectively coordinating and planning multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong attention to detail, excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Strong change management skills with a demonstrated ability to act as a catalyst for change within a quickly changing business.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening and negotiation skill.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Flexibility to deal with constantly changing workload.
· Ability to organize and prioritize a wide variety of work using independent judgement and minimal supervision.