Human Resources Generalist
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE has partnered with an esteemed client in the medical industry. They have three very successful locations in Surrey and Langley, BC. This is a great opportunity to work with a renowned company, a TOP EMPLOYER, and expand your current experience. We are looking for a HR Generalist who is adaptable and focused.
The HR Generalist will report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations and the Business Principle. The ideal candidate is able to work in a fast paced environment, is detail oriented and takes pride in their work. There are prospects for long term growth for the right candidate.
- Acting as a liaison between staff and management
- Addressing staff queries
- Creating and coordinating internal and external communications to support HR initiatives
- Consulting with management to identify and analyze current and future business challenges and future needs
- Management of clinic and staff scheduling
- Coordinating the recruitment process, including but not limited to posting position vacancies, pre-screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and conducting reference checks
- Maintaining staff records and files
- Administration of semi-monthly payroll (Ceridian)
- Prepare a variety of human resources correspondence and documentation
- Ensures the clinics are operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines, and human resources codes
- Prepares orientation packages, as well as the maintenance and deliver of new staff onboarding packages
- Coordination and completion of annual staff reviews alongside management
- Other duties as assigned
- University/college degree in Human Resources Management
- Two years of experience in a Human Resources role, preference for experience in the medical industry
- Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and listening
- Have a positive, friendly, and approachable personality with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a confidential and diplomatic manner
- Valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle to travel between three locations - Surrey and Langley