STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our client is located in Delta and is a large manufacturing company and they are looking for a Forklift Driver to join there team. The environment is highly organized and safe and you will be mostly working indoors.
The Forklift Operator reports to the Production Manager. The shift hours are 7 AM to 3:30 PM Monday to Friday, with some weekend overtime on occasion. This is a long-term position (ongoing contract with the ability to go permanent).
Please note the start date for this position would be June 15th!
- Coordinate loading of trailers with manager and department group leads
- Prepare loading documents for shift (SCI reports)
- Ensure documentation for order confirmation is orderly and accurate
- Monitor shipping doors with shuttle drivers
- Delegate duties to take-off and operators
- Unload and load trucks as needed
- Palletize cartons
- Wrap cartons onto pallet
- Validate outbound pallet markings for accuracy
- Ensure outbound pallets are stacked/wrapped securely prior to loading
- 2+ years of experience working within an industrial environment as a Forklift Operator/Shipper/Receiver
- Computer proficient with experience completing shipping documentation
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to work the morning shift with some occasional weekend overtime hours
- Reliable transportation
- $23-25/ hour (40+hour work week with the option to work OT), ongoing contract with the potential to go on long term
- Profit-sharing opportunity (when you pass the contract)
- Production bonuses (when you pass the contract)
- RRSP matching 5%, Health Benefits (when you pass the contract)