Financial Reporting Analyst
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
We at STRIVE are working together with a world-class client, with over 4000 employees, and over $12 Billion in contracted future revenue. This is an amazing opportunity to join an industry-leading, world-renowned organization as they continue to expand operations!
The client is based Downtown Vancouver, and they are looking for a confident Financial Reporting Analyst responsible for monthly reporting and monthly consolidation working papers. Since our client works on a global scale, they offer amazing benefits and an opportunity to grow and expand your experience!
- Train new and junior staff when needed
- Assisting with reviewing, analyzing, and documenting accounting policies and procedures
- Assisting with preparing and review public company filings including financial statements, MD&A, 20-F and earning releases, and reviewing the supporting schedules for note disclosures
- Assisting in resolving accounting reconciliations, and the process of redevelopment and enhancement of internal controls
- Prepare audit papers, field queries from both external and internal auditors, and assisting in preparing quarterly forecasts, and annual budget
- Reviewing less complex analysis to ensure the accuracy of financial reports, and entries and prepares analysis related to financial statement captions
- Managing quarterly and financial statements for non-public stand-alone entities
- Reviewing months papers prepared by Senior Accountants
- Completing other duties and tasks when necessary
- CPA certified
- Bachelor’s degree in either Commerce, Accounting, Management or equivalent from a recognize institution
- At least 4+ years of accounting in audit and/or industry, including the exposure to financial statement preparation and review
- Has experience with foreign currency transactions
- Proficient in complex accounting reconciliations including the resolution of reconciling items