Estate and Insurance Planner
Competitive Salary, Bonus, and Benefits | Hybrid
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE is currently working with one of Vancouver’s oldest Financial Services organizations as they look to hire an Estate and Insurance Planner. As the Estate and Insurance Planner, you will be joining a high-performing company that has been recognized time and again for its corporate culture and leadership team. The culture is something that means a lot to the client and they have really put a lot of effort into building this.
The Estate and Insurance Planner will report to the VP, Financial Services supporting clients in Insurance and Financial Planning. This will include working with the Investment Advisors and their clientele, providing insight on a variety of personal and professional insurance-related topics with solutions varying depending on the client’s life stage.
- Proficient with current insurance industry trends, products, and regulatory requirements and are well versed in navigating insurance underwriting
- Provide comprehensive insurance services to both internal and external clients
- Present and communicate a variety of insurance topics and solutions to those in the family market, as well as to professionals, executives, and business owners
- Communicate complex insurance strategies in a client-friendly manner
- Offer guidance on industry best practices, current offerings, and products
- Support Investment Advisors and address client inquiries proficiently
- Guide and develop insurance support team members in day-to-day activities
- Develop and conduct informative educational seminars
- Play an integral role in the monthly newsletter and continuously contribute to advisor education initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- MUST HAVE a CFP and Life and Accident and Sickness Licence plus 5+ years of post-designation experience
- An additional CHU or CLU would be an asset
- Proven history of serving clients in a professional services environment
- Proficient in industry product offerings in the areas of: Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, Payout Annuities and Segregated Funds
- Proficient with regulatory and compliance responsibilities
- A team player with a proven track record of building trusting and productive relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- Self-motivated with a clear vision of what is required to be part of a high-performance team