$70k - $100k plus 3 weeks Vacation, RRSP Matching
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE Recruitment are currently hiring a COST ACCOUNTANT for one of Western Canada’s largest fresh produce organizations! This is a newly created position and will help drive the adaption of costing methodologies across several locations in Canada.
As the Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities to determine or assist in determining root cause analysis and improvement opportunities.
The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost – effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
· Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system across the organization.
· Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
· Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
· Report on margins, variances by product and operation
· Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
· Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
· Review and update standard costs in the bill of materials.
· Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
· Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
· Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
· List the essential job duties that are specific to the position.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
· CMA preferred
· 3+ years of costing experience – preferably in Food Manufacturing
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to analyze reports/data and communicate information in a clear and concise manner
· Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and a proactive disposition
· Salary $70k - $100k
· Vacation: 3 weeks
· Benefits: Extended health care, dental care, vision care, 5% RRSP matching, disability insurance, employee assistance program, life insurance, on-site parking