STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
My client is a family-owned Real Estate Development firm, with over 25 years of history, involved in developing single-family residential homes and multi-family townhouses in Lower Mainland and Greater Vancouver.
As a Controller, you will be involved with every piece of the accounting cycle. You will perform daily accounting tasks in addition to monthly forecasting and financial close, the annual budget, and investment projects. Will be responsible for mentoring and guiding the bookkeepers. Success within the role is reliant on an ambitious work ethic, leadership qualities, entrepreneurship mindset, excellent communication, and the ability to problem-solve. The key to the company’s continued growth and success is sourcing, developing, and promoting individuals who meet these expectations. You will be an integral piece for the future development of the firm.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Develop and manage internal controls and guidelines for budget/cost accounting, PO process, admin and other accounting functions
- Provide cash and credit management, monitor cash flow
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Oversee and manage the accounting for monthly progress draw claims for construction projects
- Establishing and forecasting budgets, monitoring financial performance and identifying discrepancies in budgets
- Performing monthly financial close functions through the preparation of financial statements
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts
- Preparing GST/PST returns
- Providing financial analysis and support for the firm's real estate development projects, including financing, feasibility studies, and financial modeling.
- Investment analysis for new projects
- Assist in hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years experience in Accounting, preferably within Real Estate or Construction industry
- CPA designated - highly preferred
- Experienced with QuickBooks Online
- Cost Accounting or Project Accounting experience would be a definite asset
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with the highest standards of quality and accuracy
- Positive attitude and willingness to accept new tasks as required
- Flexible individual, able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- "Can do" attitude