Temporary Contract (6-Months)
Vancouver – Hybrid (1-2 days a week in office)
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
STRIVE has partnered with a Not-For-Profit organization that is really helping to build and shape the future! Due to the organization's growth, the client has a Controller (6-month contract) position they are looking to hire.
Through cutting edge and pioneering programmes, the client is helping Canadian businesses and the workforce adapt and upskill. This is all with the aim of addressing issues of the day such as climate change and driving economic productivity!
As the Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial reporting. The client is looking for the Controller to have experience in managing full cycle accounting & treasury - cash management, reviewing month-end working papers, financial statement preparation, and managing and coaching the team on these.
The client offers a flexible/ hybrid work environment with a true work-life balance as there will be very limited over time. It is also a very collaborative environment with the client committed to building a culture that is inclusive, open, fosters belonging and supports people to grow in their career and their craft.
- Supporting the DOF and leadership team in financial assessment and evaluation, as well as all F&A committee matters
- Reviewing monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting and assisting with the annual external audit
- Overseeing and reviewing the quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reporting items to Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) and/or other stakeholders
- Monitoring cash flows and managing the treasury processes
- Developing and administering effective financial workflows and internal control policies and procedures
- Assisting with streamlining of current financial reporting and operational systems to improve operating quality
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, funding guidelines, filings and reporting requirements
- Leading any special projects as required
- Assisting with finance department duties and coverage as required
- CPA with 7+ years of experience
- Public accounting experience
- Exposure to MS Dynamics/Power BI/Salesforce will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of ASNPO will be considered an asset