STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
Our client is one of the largest Construction Companies in Western Canada, looking to expand their growing Construction Accounting team by adding a new Construction Accountant. If you’re looking to take that next step with a reputable and growing company, this is the opportunity for the successful candidate to work on a diverse portfolio of projects and play a vital role within the Accounting team.
- Respond to inquiries from Project Managers, subtrades, suppliers, management and other project staff
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end close processes for assigned projects including all reconciliations, including project cashflow forecasting and reporting;
- Monitor and ensure costs are correctly coded to correct project, labour and expense cost codes
- Produce & administer monthly progress billing
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Generate various project financial statements and reports. Track construction holdback accounts, and coordinate holdback releases with subcontractors, Project Managers, and the accounting department
- Be the link between the Project Team and the Accounting team
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years of project accounting or job costing experience (ideally within the construction industry)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – professionalism is key as you will be involved in discussions with internal and external parties
- Experience with Acumatica ERP, Procore or Sage/Timberline systems would be highly advantageous