STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.”
Our client is a prominent multinational corporation in the Transport industry. They are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Assistant Controller to join their finance team. This opportunity offers excellent career growth potential and the chance to work with a global industry leader with
The Assistant Controller will play a key role in the financial reporting and forecasting of our client, including its subsidiaries. Working closely with department heads, finance operations, and the financial planning & analysis teams, the Assistant Controller will ensure compliance with jurisdictional, regulatory, and US GAAP requirements. This position demands a detail-oriented individual with strong technical expertise and the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization.
- Manage the accounting and financial reporting of the corporation, including internal reporting to the board and executive leadership team.
- Handle regulatory filings related to the corporation's status as a Foreign Private Issuer and other public filing requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the technical issues faced by a multinational corporation operating in various international jurisdictions.
- Partner with business units to provide accurate reporting and analysis supporting effective decision-making.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls, ensuring the accuracy of information and safeguarding company assets.
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure financial statements comply with GAAP and statutory requirements.
- Lead finance transformation initiatives to optimize financial close and reporting processes, leveraging best practices and technology.
- Monitor variance reporting against budget and forecast.
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting to support corporate strategy and decision-making.
- Assist in developing and implementing controls, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Manage a team, communicating expectations to direct reports, overseeing performance, and providing leadership and training to the accounting and finance operations teams.
- Work with internal audit on continuous improvement initiatives and the development of best practices.
- Identify and proactively mitigate risks.
- Bachelor's degree in business/commerce or MBA.
- CPA designation.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an accounting management role.
- Strong leadership, communication, process improvement, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team, meet deadlines, and produce high-quality, accurate work.
- Experience with international operations.
- Project management and/or system integration experience.
- Willingness to work outside regular hours to accommodate time zone differences, such as calls/emails to Asia.
- Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in the shipping/transportation sector would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Availability via a mobile device outside of office hours