Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 plus benefits
STRIVE is a Vancouver based recruitment firm offering recruitment solutions in the specialist areas of Accounting Finance, Construction, Corporate Administration and Operations. We are passionate about recruitment at STRIVE and commit to offering an upfront, genuine and consultative approach to everything we do-which is a big reason as to why we have been successful.
STRIVE have exclusively partnered with a well establish private Real Estate organization with $150m AUM. The client is a family run company which has been in operation since the 1950’s. This has allowed them to build a strong real estate portfolio which includes Residential properties, a Resort, a Hotel, Shopping Centre and an Office Building which is home to their corporate office.
The client is looking to hire an Accounting Manager, reporting into the CFO. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the accounting and financial reporting functions of the company. This includes the preparation of financial statements and maintaining the general ledger. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for providing guidance to senior leadership as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the accounting department
- Prepare and review financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows
- Oversee the maintenance of the general ledger and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all financial transactions
- Implement and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies
- Monitor and analyze departmental budgets, including preparing variance reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide financial analysis and support as needed
- Develop and implement new accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for senior leadership
- Prepare and manage tax filing requirements (GST & PST) along with year-end Corporate Tax Filings and Limited Personal Tax Filings
- Oversight of payroll processing including tracking cash funding and CRA payroll remittances and WCB payments
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, including processing invoices and vendor payments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in accounting
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Experience in the Real Estate industry will be an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-sufficient with the capability to work independently
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office suite
- Previous team management experience is an asset