STRIVE is working with a Vancouver-based construction company that is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk to join their team. Our client is a fast-growing company that is working on a number of high-profile commercial and residential real estate projects in the Lower Mainland along with infrastructure projects.
The Accounting Clerk will be primarily responsible for full cycle accounts payable including purchase Order management as well as assisting with other accounting related duties such as providing supports and backup for Accounts Receivable and cash management.
Every day is different, and every project is special. The client is looking for someone who can thrive in this high-performance environment with the ability to collaborate effectively with the Project and Accounting teams.
- Ensure daily logs and all supporting documents are complete before scanning into the ERP system, this entails checking coding and ensuring all backup is attached and that coding transferred to supporting documents when required – call Superintendents when the information is missing.
- Confirming, and attaching trucking and materials suppliers’ slips to invoices as supporting back up.
- Review and confirm that materials, gravels and dump fees slips match against the daily paperwork entry in HCSS.
- Coordinate and manage month end invoice approval procedures for trucking and gravel.
- Scanning, filing of invoices and tagging of all supporting documents into Spectrum.
- Review coding on invoices & follow up with site if information is missing.
- Ensure maintenance of well-organized data and assisting accounting month end close.
- Ensure trades are in good standing - WCB clearances.
- Liaise with Project Managers on commitment issues, reconcile purchase orders and invoice differences, creating change orders when necessary.
- Assist Project Managers with purchase orders.
- Maintain vendors in Spectrum including credit applications and new vendor approvals.
- Backup to Accounts Payable for data entry of supplier invoices.
- Reception relief during lunch hours and short-term absences.
- Other projects as assigned by the Accounting and Finance team
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data entry and record keeping.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will facilitate working well with the Project Managers, ensuring project costing is accurate, timely, and reliable.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and do repetitive work.
- An understanding of and experience in construction accounting is preferred.
- Ability to speak Punjabi is an asset.
- Experience with Spectrum accounting software is an asset.
- Proficiency in using MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role in construction industry.
- Able to work well in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- This position will appeal to a bright, motivated individual who thrives in a demanding and stimulating work environment.