Accountant (Part Time)
Part-Time Position | 3 Days Per Week
STRIVE is a specialist recruitment firm offering proactive recruitment solutions in the areas of Accounting & Finance, Corporate Administration, and Manufacturing Operations. STRIVE supports various clients from small to medium-sized enterprises to Fortune 500 organizations for their permanent, contract, and temporary recruitment needs.
OUR CLIENT is a full-service Mortgage, Financing, Insurance, and Investment services firm and are currently looking to hire an Accountant to join their team on a part-time basis. The expectation is a 3-day work week.
This is a newly created Accountant role and will head up the accounting and finance function, performing full-cycle accounting duties for two operating companies plus 10+ additional entities.
The client offers a collaborative working environment in an open plan office located in Surrey. They are looking for a passionate Accountant with exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented. The Accountant will need to be able to show initiative, patience and positivity. Not only will they help develop others, they should also strive for continuous professional development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join a growing, forward thinking organization in a hands-on role.
- Oversee and manage the tracking and management of financial data.
- Responsible for Full Cycle Accounting with QuickBooks Online for various entities including two operating companies.
- Manage timely month, quarter, and year-end closure
- Document transaction details, entering financial transactions in databases, organizing financial reports, fact-checking accounting, notifying senior management of any accounting discrepancies.
- Account Reconciliation for the group of companies and any other related companies owned by the shareholders.
- Assisting with operational and stakeholder reporting, variance analysis and ad hoc requests for financial information.
- Assisting with tax and statutory compliance, annual reviews, lender reporting, etc.
- Responsible for managing the Accounts Payables/Accounts Receivables processes.
- Oversee payroll and all related filings/reporting.
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Strong communication skills (over the telephone and in person).
- Computer literate with Advanced MS Office experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and multi-tasking skills.
- Continuous learner, highly analytical, with good conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be fully fluent in English. Knowledge of a second language is considered an asset.